CHRISTIANA MIDDLE SCHOOL CHAPTER
NATIONAL JUNIOR HONOR SOCIETY
Calling all students with vision and ambition! The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) can help you make your life's dreams real. Strive to be a member to make an impact, not just for yourself, but for your community and for the world.
Honor Your Future Now
NJHS membership is an outstanding opportunity to develop the habits and standards so important to success in high school, college, and a career.
College admission and financial aid planning options, including webinars and a mini-website called Honor Your Future Now, which you can browse by yourself or with your family for college preparation tips
• Help with financing your college education through the NJHS Outstanding Achievement Award, which each year recognizes 500 exceptional NJHS members who best reflect the values of membership with a college savings award
• Service projects, both by the chapter and individual, allow you to build teamwork capabilities, hone project management aptitude, and make friends—all valuable life skills
• Leadership development, motivation, and inspiration gained through your own chapter's work as well as three LEAD Conferences and NJHS State Summits held in select locations annually.
• Grades - Keep in mind that you must maintain an A average (95 or better) in all of your classes to remain in good standing as a CHMS National Junior Honor Society member.
• Community Service Hours - As of July 2017, community service requirements for each CHMS NJHS remain at 8 hours a semester (16 hours total). Please keep in mind that there is also an additional semester long service project. The community service hours form can be found under the Forms section of this website. Please keep in mind that all
hours must be true service--you cannot have received any payment for the service. In addition, the hours must be signed off on by the adult who supervised the service hours. Community Service Hours Forms can be submitted to the NJHS Faculty Council at our monthly meeting.
• Candidate Information Form – This form can be found under the Forms section in this website. Submission of the form does not guarantee selection.
• Dues – $20.00 annually.
• Induction – takes place during a Spring semester ceremony after candidates have been verified.