The 2018 fall tennis season is just around the corner! If you are interested in joining the tennis team, please check out the information below.
2018 Cougar Tennis!
Tryouts for all students will be on Tuesday, August 7th and Thursday, August 9th from 4-5:30 at Old Fort Park. You will be in charge of getting your own ride to the courts for practice/matches every week. Transportation will not be provided from the school.
YOU MUST HAVE PHYSICAL PAPERWORK COMPLETED AT THE TIME OF THE TRYOUT. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TRYOUT IF THE PAPERWORK IS NOT COMPLETE.
Participants will need to be in appropriate attire including shorts/tennis skirt, t-shirt, hat, socks and tennis shoes to try out. If you do not have a tennis racquet, Coach Ebbutt has plenty of extras for you to use. Please bring lots of water and wear sunscreen!
Middle school tennis information-
- 3 boys and 3 girls singles players. 2 boys and 2 girls doubles teams (top 14 players will play every match)
- 8 game pro sets are played, first to 8 games and winning by 2 will win the match.
- There will be a parent/player meeting in August for those who made the team
- Practices will be every Tuesday and Thursday in August from 4-5:30 or 5:30-7:30 at Old Fort Park
- Matches will be every Tuesday and Thursday in September from 3:30-5:30, 5:30-7:30 or 7:30-9:30 at Old Fort Park
- Two-day tournament the second week of October
In the fall, all forms must be dated April 15th 2018 or later. If you are a current student at CHMS and have a physical on file, it will not be valid unless dated April 15th, 2018 or later.
Every participant must have the following completed in order to participate. You will NOT be allowed to tryout without these forms. Forms are located on the school athletic website or can be picked up in the office at CHMS. In addition, all forms must be uploaded to Dragonfly Max website. This can be done through the CHMS website.
- 2 Proofs of Residence - utility bill AND a print out from the following website: http://edulog.rcs.k12.tn.us/edulog/webquery/
- Health History/Physical Form
- Consent for participation, travel and medical care form
- Medication Authorization Form
- Concussion Signature page
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Signature page
Please email Coach Ebbutt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you have any questions.
We are looking forward to a great tennis season!
Coaches Kylie Ebbutt & Darise Dennis